Skip to main content

Contiki

Piazza San Marco Square, Venice

I'm now back in London after my recent European Explorer Contiki tour, which covered 16 countries in 33 days and included a 4 day cruise through the Greek Islands!

It was certainly an experience, with a very busy schedule and lots of long days on the bus.  The bus song was Love Today by Mika, which was played each morning as we set off for the day.  The highlights for me were Barcelona, Lucerne and the cruise. The views from Mount Pilatus were stunning, while the cruise was a welcome break from the bus.  There was only myself and one other Kiwi on the tour. Most of the tour group were Australian, with a few Americans and Canadians. My American roommate introduced me to a new social networking site called Facebook. Looks like most of the group will be using it to keep in touch after the tour.